For the latest information, advice and updates, please visit our Covid-19 page at https://www.loc-net.org.uk/hertfordshire/coronavirus-covid-19/
- The CET claim line for optometrists is now active: https://pcse.england.nhs.uk/services/ophthalmic-payments/cet-claims/
Referral Advice and Contact Details
- Cataract referral advice for those practitioners using Addenbrooke's 21/08/2020
- Update from our Chair about Moorfields Referrals and Eye Casualty Map 03/08/2020
- Referral guidelines and contact details - June 2020
- Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire clinical threshold for elective cataract surgery - July 2019
- Wet AMD Referral Form -December 2015
- Letter from Moorfields to all practitioners regarding increasing numbers of referrals - Feb 2020
- Paediatric Prescribing and Referrals - A Powerpoint Presentation by E & N Herts NHS Trust Ophthalmology Dept - Feb 2020
- Paediatric Prescribing and Referrals - A PDF version of above for those without a powerpoint viewer - Feb 2020
GOS and Voucher Advice and Information
- Voucher Values - June 2019
- GOS Voucher Claims - Link to "Making Accurate Claims In England" - May 2014
- Updated Guidance on Small Glasses Supplement - June 2019
- Pre-Authorisation of Adult GOS4 - December 2018
- Application for Second Voucher - to be emailed FROM A NHS.NET ADDRESS to your area team - Jan 2020
- NHS Advice to the public on help towards the cost of eye tests and vouchers - July 2019
- PCSE advice and links
Advice from HVCCG on when Optoms should get reports or feedback from CHEC following a patient's consultation with them.
Sharon Rourke, Director of Operations at CHEC provided the following information about reports and feedback:
The process is as follows.
- For Glaucoma patients referred to us, we send an outcome letter to the patient and their GP.
- For non-glaucoma patients referred from an Optometrist we send an outcome letter back to their Optometrist
- There are some patients which have been transferred from other Providers, such as The Practice, where the original referred isn’t known. In this instance the Optometrist would not have received an outcome letter, as we would not have known the information.
Optometrists can request the information from the patient who should have an outcome letter. They could also contact CHEC for the information, but our team would need to see evidence that the patient is an actual patient of the Optometrists via our EPR system otherwise we can’t share the information without the patient's explicit consent.