CET during COVID-19 pandemic
The GOC has issued this statement on temporary changes to CET requirements.
Bucks LOC currently has no CET events planned, but we've put together a list below of providers of online CET. As far as we're aware, all of this CET is being supplied free of charge.
- CooperVision Academy Need to register but easy and free of charge
- All of DOCET's materials are freely available to fully qualified GOC registered optometrists
- AOP members can access free of charge CET
- ABDO members can access free of charge CET, including online peer discussions
- Optegra will hold regular webinars throughout summer 2020 - download document from this page for information
- J&J offer free online CET. Registration required
- Essilor offer free online CET. Registration required
- WOPEC has a number of courses available, with several CET-approved for both optometrists and dispensing opticians. Each course needs a separate access code, which you can request from email@example.com.
Confused about CET? The GOC's 2019 guide is available to download from this page.
Our CET events are open to those based in Buckinghamshire, and invitations are emailed to all who have supplied their address.
To register to attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Handouts from the talks (where available) may be downloaded on the right.
Start times: Unless otherwise stated, our CET events commence with hot food from 6.15pm, and lectures from 7.00pm.
Details of the venues are available to download on the right. We use either the University of Buckingham Academic Centre at Milton Keynes University Hospital or the Post Graduate Education Centre at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
Parking at Stoke Mandeville PGEC is pay-and-display, and at MKUH multi-storey it's pay-on-exit.
To be sure of receiving your invitations to future events, please send your email address to:
Angela McNamee: email@example.com.
The Chiltern Peer Review Group next meets in Amersham on 16th September 2020. Contact Susan Collier for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Milton Keynes Peer Review Group next meets in autumn 2020. Contact Claire Ranger for more information: email@example.com
Don't forget that any GOC registrant may set up his/her own peer review group. More details are available in the 'My CET' section of the GOC website.