CET during Covid-19 pandemic
The GOC confirmed in January 2021 that all CET requirements for this cycle must be met by 31st December 2021.
Bucks LOC currently has no CET events planned, but we've put together a list below of providers of online CET. As far as we're aware, all of this CET is being supplied free of charge.
- Heidelberg Academy has lots of online education resources, including some CET-accredited webinars and an online CET course room
- Shamir have a number of online CET events, each worth 3 CET points
- Scope Eyecare have a number of CET-accredited webinars
- SpaMedica hold regular online CET events
- CooperVision Academy offer free online CET. Registration required
- All of DOCET's materials are freely available to fully qualified GOC registered optometrists
- AOP members can access free of charge CET
- COptom members can access free of charge CET
- ABDO members can access free of charge CET
- Alcon is running online CET sessions. Send an email to email@example.com with ‘Online CET’ in the subject line & they will send you back the calendar of sessions
- J&J offer free online CET. Registration required
- Essilor offer free online CET. Registration required
- WOPEC has a number of courses available, with several CET-approved for both optometrists and dispensing opticians. Each course needs a separate access code, which you can request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confused about CET? The GOC's 2019 guide is available to download from this page.
Our CET events (when we run them) are open to those based in Buckinghamshire, and invitations are emailed to all who have supplied their address.
To register to attend, email email@example.com
Handouts from the talks (where available) may be downloaded on the right.
Start times: Unless otherwise stated, our CET events commence with hot food from 6.15pm, and lectures from 7.00pm.
Details of the venues are available to download on the right. We use either the University of Buckingham Academic Centre at Milton Keynes University Hospital or the Post Graduate Education Centre at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
Parking at Stoke Mandeville PGEC is pay-and-display, and at MKUH multi-storey it's pay-on-exit.
To be sure of receiving your invitations to future events, please send your email address to: Angela McNamee: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our peer review groups have been suspended at present.