Practice Contacts, Documents and Links
This page contains items that you may find useful in day to day practice.
LOC commercial documents are located in the 'Commercial Documents' area.
Links for SeeAbility, Diabetes UK, The Macular Society, IGA and other national societies can be found on the 'Eye care and eye conditions' page.
Role of the Eye Clinic Liaison Officer - ECLO
- Emotional Support.
- Generic information on eye conditions.
- Advice on practical support, maintaining independence & resources available.
- Support & information on registration process.
- Access to benefits advice.
- Signposting to local services.
- Referral to Health & Social Care Services, Third Sector Services (Local & National) including RNIB.
- Referrals to Local Sight Loss Societies
- Information on Low Vision services & aids available.
- Eye Health information, prevention of sight loss.
Sight Service is the leading local provider of services and support for people who are visually impaired and live in Gateshead or South Tyneside.
More information about Sight Service, including a referral form, can be found in the Patients' Area.
All contractors should be sending second pair requests to the NHSE Regional Team. NHSE RLT will accept second pair application only from an NHS email address.
If application is sent directly to PCSE, it will either be sent back to the contractor with appropriate advice and email address of NHSE RLT or sent directly to NHSE RLT, if they have specifically asked for it to be sent to them.
All contractors should be sending non-tolerance to NHSE RLT.