Information for people with sight loss

Do you have sight loss that is affecting your work, studies or independence?


There is a specialist advice and support service available for you locally via an Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ECLO). ECLOs assist anyone with sight loss, their relatives and carers to access the support they may need, when they need it. The ECLOs are based in local hospital eye departments at Durham, Sunderland, Darlington, Newcastle and Middlesbrough. If you wish to discuss your situation, please contact the local eye clinic and ask for an appointment or ask your GP to refer you for advice.


Please click on the links in the 'SIGHTLINE' box for information about local services and associations.


Information about eye conditions and national organisations can be found on the 'Eye Care and Eye Conditions' page.