Enhanced Service Pathways
Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin currently have 6 enhanced service pathways set up. These are:
Cataract referral refinement
Post-cataract follow up
Glaucoma repeat measures
To use these services, patients must be on the list of a GP practice in Shropshire or Telford & Wrekin. If not, then the patient should be referred or managed in the usual way.
Optometrists involved in any of these schemes must be on the appropriate CCG accredited list and their practice must have signed and returned the appropriate SLA..
Accreditation for all schemes, except the Children's Pathway, involves completion of the LOCSU/WOPEC online learning package.
In addition, the PEARS, Glaucoma repeat measures and OHT monitoring schemes require satisfactory performance at the relevant OSCE practicals/vivas.
Accreditation for the Cataract referral refinement, OHT monitoring and Children's pathways also involves attendance at a seminar/workshop run by the LOC/CCG.
For further information regarding accreditation for any of these pathways, please contact Emma Close-Davies, email email@example.com
Alison Durrans is now managing support for Optometry Schemes commissioned by Shropshire CCG and Telford and Wrekin CCG. If you have any queries around the contracts/validation forms then please contact her :
Contract Support Officer
William Farr House
01743 277500 ext 2587
- Your monthly validation forms must still be sent to the normal reporting email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Invoices are to be submitted to the Wakefield address by post (separated by either Shropshire CCG or Telford and Wrekin CCG patients) or Tradeshift (electronic invoicing system).
- If you are querying outstanding optometry invoice payments then please contact Shared Business Services on 0303 123 1177.
- Claire Roberts, email@example.com is still the contact if you have any queries around the schemes/service specifications.
- Your local finance contacts are the following: Roger Eades, firstname.lastname@example.org (Shropshire CCG) and Timothy Whiting, email@example.com (Telford and Wrekin CCG).
Please kindly update your records.