Role of the Greater Glasgow and Clyde Area Optometric Committee
The Committee's role is to advise, at the NHS Board's request, or on its own initiative, authoritatively and promptly on:
- The eye health and professional service needs of the local population.
- Issues which impinge on patient eye care.
- Professional, and other functions as may be prescribed in future under new legislation or guidance.
The Committee will:
- Create and maintain effective links with all other professional committees.
- Participate in the functions of the Area Clinical Forum
In so doing, the Committee will endeavour to reflect the views of the whole profession locally and not any faction or geographical grouping.
The Committee will, through its membership on the Forum, also support the core functions of the Area Clinical Forum