The objectives of the Camden & Islington LOC can be summarized as follows:
- To inform, advise and negotiate with NHS England Area Teams (ATs) or Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) on matters affecting, or liable to affect, local contractors and local performers, including, but not limited to:
• the efficient administration and payment of remuneration in relation to Primary Ophthalmic Services
• the introduction and implementation of any community eye care services
• Hospital Eye Services, in so far as they affect Primary Ophthalmic Services
• complaints against local contractors and local performers in respect of Primary Ophthalmic Services or community eye care services in the area.
- To disseminate information and advice about Primary Ophthalmic Services and community eye care services.
- To assist optometrists to understand and comply with their terms of service and to assist them if dealing with complaints in respect of Primary Ophthalmic Services or community eye care services.
The Committee is currently chaired by Nicholas Taylor with Garry Cheek as Secretary. We are currently seeking new members for the committee.
If you wish to receive regular communication by email from your LOC then please click here for the link to register you details.
We can assure you that your information will not be passed onto any third party and will only be used by the LOC to update you with relevant information and training opportunities.